Updated March 31, 2021
You can create an account through the Kat John app. The following information is relevant to using the Kat John application.
It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites and applications. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask for your personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Your contact details in order to process and verify your account
- Information you put into forms or surveys in order to recommend particular content within Kat John app.
- Regularity of use of the app, particular tracks played and content viewed in order to a) inform your meditation statistics, and b) enable us to recommend particular content within Kat John app or other relevant Kat John services and products that may be of interest to you.
- A record of any correspondence between us in order to improve our service
- Information about your device (e.g. your device type, IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration
- Data about how you searched for Kat John App, how you respond to communications from Kat John, what Kat John App features you use, and the actions you take while using the application of website in order to enable us to recommend particular content within Kat John App or other relevant Kat John services and products that may be of interest to you.
3. CHOICE ABOUT YOUR DATA
Kat John App account: To use all of the Kat John application functions you must sign up for an account.
You can terminate your account at anytime within the application. Terminating your account will remove your account and all your details from your Kat John app, and your data will be removed from our database. Account termination cannot be reversed.
Please note that terminating your account does not mean 1. that you will refunded any payments you have made, and 2. will not remove Kat John App from your device, just your account details. To remove Kat John App from your device you must follow the instructions for deleting applications from your device provider.
Kat John mailing list: You can opt out to stop receiving marketing emails about Kat John App and relevant content after you sign up for your account.
You will only receive emails relating to their use of the Kat John application.
Anonymous data Anonymous data about how the buddhify community are using the app may be shared with all users and is gathered through a third party analytics service (e.g. Google Analytics). It is currently not possible to opt out of this, but we anticipate adding this functionality in the future.
4. PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
Technical protection of your data We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Any data transferred online is done so securely using HTTPS, and your data is stored by a third party provider in AUS, which meets the expectations of data protection in AUS and internationally.
The Company will have, at all times, the appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect any personal data accessed or processed by us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage. We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any of our staff who may have access to the personal data processed as part of the services offered.
Secure networks, password protection, 2 factor authentication and HTTPS controls are used where applicable to protect the transmission of information between the Company and any 3rd parties. Disc encryption, password protection, 2 factor authentication and HTTPS controls, together with server-side encryption with managed keys, where appropriate, are also used to protect the storage and processing of information that is considered at risk, due to its classification and for which other controls do not provide adequate protection.
Processing of your data: As Data Controller, we use 3rd party companies to process some data, these are referred to as Data Processors. We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it to provide services available on Kat John App, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using Kat John App, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. The 3rd party companies we use meet the requirements of GDPA processing.
Kat John Pty Ltd will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. We only disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Kat John App, third parties or the public at large.
In supplying your email address, you agree that Kat John App may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with other products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to anonymously publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016 gives you the right to 1. erase your data, 2. access a copy of your data free of charge, and 3. access a copy of your data which is in a portable format. To exercise this right please contact [email protected]
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our applications or associated products.
8. CHANGES AND UPDATES